Thursday, August 30, 2012

Summer Plein Air Painting


I've enjoyed a little plein air painting in the beautiful Northwest this summer. Here are a few of the results...
Lake Fishing 8x10
My husband and I often enjoy the pleasant surroundings at Battle Ground Lake, WA. He likes to fish along the shore, while I paint...it's a perfect arrangement, it you ask me.

Waterfront Park   8x8
The sky & water were the most intense blue on this beautiful warm day which inspired many outdoor activities in Hood River, Oregon, including boating, wind surfing, bicycling, and of course, plein air painting!

White Clematis    9x12
My artist friend, Mikiko graciously shared her beautiful garden with me and we enjoyed a lovely day amongst a wide variety of flowers. We were both compelled to paint these showy white Clematis.

No comments: